Join me for my workshop on Yoga and Veganism: Twin Paths to Self-Knowledge, Happiness and Liberation Saturday, August 10th, from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. at Yoga Jai Ma (www.yogajaima.com) in Rancho Bernardo.
“Awareness is the greatest agent for change.” – Eckart Tolle
In this workshop we will:
- learn more about the practice and philosophy of yoga
- learn more about the practice and philosophy of veganism
- explore the connection between yoga and veganism
- gain practical information about becoming vegan, being vegan, or incorporating more vegan alternatives into our diet
- work through a variety of vegan recipes and learn how to transform our nonvegan recipes into vegan recipes
The workshop will begin with a short yoga practice and group meditation to boost our openness and compassion (45 minutes). Please bring your yoga mat, a writing instrument, and water, and eat a light lunch at least 1.5 hours before the workshop. Recipe handouts, paper to write on, and a list of books, web links and web resources will be provided, along with samples of vegan sauces, chutneys and cookies.
“Within us lives the most calm, serene lake of wisdom, the most beautiful, powerful pond of kindness, compassion and clarity. Let us understand and let us dive into it within ourselves.” – Yogi Bhajan